Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Animation: Copycatationery Ident


First posted in my revamp blog. Considered a revamp because I was revamping a cover design of a made-up magazine I used 3 years ago in Screen Design class. (I actually came up with the name when I was 10)

The logo in the cover wasn't clean enough since I drew everything in pencil and just lazily edited everything in photoshop, applying the multiply blending mode to color. In here I sorta tried making everything neater, since some of them had to be vectorized anyway.

Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Redesigning Old Logos

After seeing some logos online & getting inspired, I looked back at the sketches of random logo designs sketched during Semester 1 and sort of revamped them in illustrator. I was bored.

[More: Part 2]


Copy to the Cat color schemes






Some TL;DR revamps

Logo tryouts. Most of these were doodled out of boredom while joking with friends during lunchtime. And yes, the 'Eifel' with 1 'f' cuz that's the name of our photography lecturer. Thus the camera.


Four of the best ones selected from the collection above. The rest were good too.








And last but not least:


Sunday, 4 November 2012

LightningGrass & Seattle Graphig figures

Taken from my Revamp blog.

So a friend of mine bought these Graphig figures from a toy vending machine somewhere.

Yep, he has those in real life. They look pretty cute too and I just had to make some based on my OCs, Seattle & Lightninggrass. Since I'm too lazy to cut paper, cover them with transparent tape and find the material for the chains to make ones for myself, I thought i'd just make 3D models in Cinema 4D instead. I've just gotten addicted to it recently too.

First, starting off with some basic shapes.


At this point I haven't figured out how to make the chains drop down. Adding dynamic body to both chains and body would just make the dolls fall through the floor (but not the chains). So that's when I decided to just join the cloner tool containing the little spheres to a spline I drew and made it look like a limp piece of string.

And voila.



After adjusting the lighting, adding more background items and putting on a lot of materials on them, here are my final renders.




I tried making the reflection on their surface look shinier, but for some reason I can't, though their materials are already set to a standard amount of reflectiveness.
This will do, for now.