App Mock-Up: Tumbloup

Inspired by Twitku (which isn't an app at all, it's a website that shows one's Twitter & Jaiku streams and lets them update from the same tab at once), but since Jaiku's now dead, the site doesn't have much use anymore.

Introducing Tumbloup, an app that lets you post to both Soup.io and Tumblr at the same time (because that's what I always do. I open both sites and update them all at once manually). Sure there's apps like IFTTT who has a lot more social network choices to post a content to in one go, and the popularity of Tumblr is on the same level as Blogger and Wordpress, so an app like this is better off sharing to those three blogging sites instead. BUT, I'm designing this just for the hell of it, and because they're both tumblelogs that lets people repost/reblog other people's content. *cough also because I ship these two websites as BFFS cough*

Another name suggestion is Spilld, suggested by airhead_jeff, because "if your soup tumbles it'll spill".

  
Did two backgrounds, the first one is accidentally science-y (I was gonna make nebulas cuz both sites are all about nebulas) and the second one is simpler & I kinda felt like it goes well with the name Spilld.

Eh, what the fluff, the second background looks good with the title Tumbloup too. Kinda reminds me of RED & BLU from Team Fortress II.

The layout is just gonna be all tabs everywhere. Like a vertical internet browser, or an address book. The first tab is for adding a new post.
 

Some post types are notably only for one particular site, so to post to the other site it needs to be converted to another type of post.

I've also made other options for the switch design to see which one looks more classy


 First, we look at the Tumblr section; dashboard, profile, messages and settings.

  

And now, the Soup.io section; main stream, profile and settings.


Everything is pretty much the same, except Soup doesn't have a message tab. Both blogs have their own settings tab, but this app itself need a settings tab of its own too.

Lastly, said settings tab.

Oh yeah, the background can be replaced with other photos.

If any app coders out there wanna make this app happen, hit me up on one of my emails.
And tbh this design looks like an Android app (cuz I have an Android phone and I tend to base the look & feel on other Android apps), but if you wanna make an iOS or Windows Phone version, then it's cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts on fanfictions

Palette Change