Follow and Feel (cover)


Follow And Feel's always been one of my fav Saosin songs besides Voices & Seven Years, I used to binge-listen to them since college, and after performing covers of Saosin songs a couple of times in the office last year, I thought I'd make a decent audible one to add to the portfolio.

The music:

One time I sang Follow and Feel to Havana by Camila Cabello, and later, thought of making a similar-sounding music to it when planning this Saosin cover but it still sounds generic-pop-ish, like not even remotely similar to how Havana sounds. Feels odd covering a rock song into... well, this, just cuz Garageband doesn't have enough rock stuff T~T

The artwork:

Initially I thought of a lady wearing a cloak spying on someone beheading a third character, supposedly a king, based vaguely on the song lyrics. But I kinda got confused and felt like drawing other things, and ended up with snakes spying on a bunny with its eyes on the biggest apple on the tree. Very children's-book-ish, I think there's a story here somewhere. It's like a bunch of snakes were ordered to assasinate this one bunny and then overthrow the bunny kingdom or something.

Since this is also partially based on Havana, I picked the color palette from the music video & drew everything in shades of blue with the bright red apples sticking out like Camila's dress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts on fanfictions

Palette Change