Mint Wings

Once in a while I felt like doing comics like these again, about myself flying a tad bit closer to the sun each time. And I miss those days of drawing comics traditionally, on paper and mixed media, with black frames. Sadly I haven't got sharpies or copic markers with me so I only used watercolor pencils for this occasion.

Yes, the idea of these mint wings were taken from the Adventure Time episode Blade of Grass, where Finn gets a new grass sword which at first tried to possess his arm and ended up being a part of him right after he's learnt to accept the sword. Or rather I was inspired by the episode, or the sword itself, since this comic's storyline is rather different.

Featuring my two friends Likaura & Myoo89 (a.k.a. Amel/Kamila & Tina)










And might I add that I was listening to Breathe Owl Breathe's "Own Stunts" during coloring the last scene and it suits the scene quite perfectly.


Extras: WIP sketches:
trying to stay back on track after missing out for 3 days

if your pen keeps getting stuck & you need space to scribble-test it, gotta make sure the scribbles look like art too lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts on fanfictions

Palette Change